Saturday, 29 May 2010

Dances With Butterflies!


Strolling along a tree lined trail, ahead of me, parts of the trail were highlighted, where shards of sunlight pierced the leaf canopy. Two speckled wood butterflies were dancing in one shaft of light. Rising and falling in harmony with each other, I watched quietly until they disappeared into the canopy. Continuing my walk I was aware of another speckled wood coming towards me at knee height, I moved slightly to my right and the butterfly, mirrored my movement. I dodged back to my left and again the butterfly moved the same way, it was now just a few feet from me and then, it had passed me and I watched as it disappeared along the trail. Had we danced briefly, was it aware of my presence? Probably, it was definitely my first dance with a butterfly!
Speckled Wood