Monday, 20 January 2014

RSPB Rainham Marshes

Yesterday morning I walked around the reserve, well no, that is not quite right! I knew the trails were flooded in places, and it said 'wellies were required', but I knew best, and I'd be able to tiptoe my way around! Needless to say, it was well over ankle deep and wellies are required, so I walked as far as I could along the northern boardwalk and back.

It was a lovely morning with a good amount of sunshine and at times a clear blue sky. A pair of Marsh Harriers were also enjoying the good weather, and often panicking the wildfowl and lapwings. I tried below to capture the scene, but always missed the Harriers, as they were quite distant. A pair of Mute Swans, obviously didn't approve of my new aftershave and immediately flew off!






















Had to finish with the obligatory shot of the QEII bridge, sorry!