Saturday, 11 October 2014

RSPB Rainham Marshes

Spent most of yesterday at Rainham. I began at the west end parking in the small car park adjacent to the landfill site. Nice flock of Goldfinches feeding on Burdock and Teasel, blighters to get close to the flock was pretty flighty. Also, a good number of common species along the seawall near the serin mound, especially Blackbirds.


female Reed Bunting showed nicely in the early morning sun
Migrant Hawker
 Still a good number of Migrant Hawkers along with Common Darter on the reserve. I spent some time in the woodland area looking for the earlier reported Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, without any luck! A Grey Wagtail showed quite well in front of Purfleet hide.

Most memorable moment today was a Peregrine Falcon causing panic amongst the Lapwings and wildfowl, I was enjoying watching it so much that I forgot to grab a photograph!

I've been playing around with video taken through my scope, latest offering from today below.