Saturday, 24 January 2015

Spent some time yesterday beside the river Thames just east of the riverside car park. Here the gulls are continually coming down from the landfill site to bathe and loaf a while before returning to feed. Yesterday I am pretty certain I had an immature Caspian Gull here, which isn't that uncommon along this part of the Thames, but they are noteworthy. So today I came back armed with my camera, and sods law didn't find it or any other. I admit I do struggle at times particularly with the larger immature gulls, so decided to photograph a few as they flew over and see what I got. I'm pretty sure these are all Herring Gulls below, but please do correct me if I'm wrong!


2nd winter Herring Gull

2nd winter Herring Gull

2nd winter Herring Gull



The perils of feeding at a landfill site