Thursday, 5 March 2015

Felt almost like spring today!

Spent the day on the patch today. Glorious weather, it was so good I walked around Rainham Marshes twice today, once clockwise and then anti-clockwise after lunch! Best birds were the two female Bearded Tits seen from the northern reedbed just west of the double metal gates. My first at Rainham this year, they never showed well, just twice in flight and working their way further west.

While looking for the Avocet, which I didn't see on the target pools, I found one Ruff and two more flew in from the river. Two Marsh Harriers were up over Wennington Marsh. Seemed to be fewer Golden Plover & Dunlin today, otherwise much the same as last week but warmer!

Adult Common Gull

Young Mute Swan "How do I measure up!"

Stonechat with lunch!

Adult Mute Swans

two of three Ruff present on the Target Pools

Ruff