Monday, 27 June 2016

Taking the plunge!

Well I've done it, I've changed from my DSLR camera with it's array of lenses from macro to 400mm to a bridge camera! I can hear the gasps of breath, but, for me carrying all my photographic equipment and a telescope & binoculars was beginning to give me back problems, and lugging it all around was after an hour or so, becoming a chore and not at all enjoyable. I am a birder who likes to take photographs, and as such, I don't like to go out without my scope. So I'm hoping I have found a compromise. I looked at a few bridge cameras and to purchase a Canon SX60 HS. Time will tell if it was the right move, but at least my back will thank me!

A few images below taken with the SX60, not great but I am still getting a feel for it and playing about with the settings. I was however quite pleased with the macro images!

Dog walk this morning around Central Park, quite a dull morning and for late June quite a chilly one too! The only birds around were Carrion Crows, and they were mostly distant!

Carrion Crow I think he has spotted something! (ISO 500, 247mm, f6.5, 1/320sec)

Coco

Carrion Crows, an idea as to the zoom capabilities (65x) these three are in the nearer group in the image below (ISO 500, 247mm, f6.5, 1/200sec)

The image above is three of the closest black specks! (ISO 500, 3.8mm, f5, 1/500sec)




I'm pleased with the images below taken in my garden on Saturday morning in the sunshine.
Large Skipper (ISO 200, 38.904mm, f5.6, 1/250sec)

Brassica Sheildbugs (ISO 200, 36.824mm, f5.6, 1/250sec)